Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Los Angeles, California - Excitment Galore!


A couple of years ago I had the opportunity of visiting my sister in L.A. My daughter and I spent a fun and exciting week there. You can't believe all the things we saw and did in one glorious week.

Of course, one of the main attractions for my daughter was Universal Studios. Now that is a fun park! The attractions, the rides, the people, the food--you name it. Everything you could ever ask for in an exciting amusement park. We both recommend it heartily.

We also did the movie studio bit where we watched a T.V. show live from the set. That was a great experience too. Not only do you have the pleasure of seeing your favorite show in action, but you learn what goes on behind the scenes. After you attend one of these events, you look at the shows differently. When watching your show on T.V. you know there is someone in the background making the audience laugh. You get to mingle a bit with the stars and see what they are really like.

Another thing we did was take in the Getty Centre -- you know, the famous art gallery. For me that was a high-light of the trip...and even my daughter, young though she was at the time (14), she still remembers that well. It really is another thing worth seeing if you ever get to travel to L.A.

We did a lot of other sight-seeing... Rodeo Drive, the Hollywood sign, the movie star houses, the clothing manufacturing district (worth going to to get bargains!) and much more. We also visited the Crystal Cathedral (and if you are religious at all, the Mass is worth attending--it is spectacular!)

L.A. is a big, bustling city with lots of attractions and things to do. It is one of those places where you can find something different to do everyday...and has the excitment of the flashy lights and big city to back it up.

Traveling is one part of my life that I thoroughly enjoy. I love seeing how different people live in different places. Even a place like L.A. that is really not that different from my own culture here in Canada provides a unique experience that I will remember forever.

If you want to read about different travel destinations--find articles and travel reviews, as well as articles on ethnic cuisines and recipes--why not get my new Tastes and Travels Ebook

No comments:

Post a Comment